Advantage Lithium Corp. announced the results of its Preliminary Economic Assessment (“PEA”) for the production of Lithium Carbonate from a 20ktpa capacity stand-alone plant located at its Cauchari Joint-Venture project in the province of Jujuy. The PEA was prepared by WorleyParsons Chile S.A. (“Worley Parsons”), a leading integrated independent engineering services firm with extensive experience in the design and construction of Lithium brine projects in Argentina and Chile.
Key Points include:
- US$ 827 Million after-tax NPV at 8% discount rate and IRR of 24.3 % for 20,000 TPY production of lithium carbonate. (Pre-Tax NPV – $1,321 Million)
- Pre- Production CAPEX estimate of US$ 401 million for a 20,000 TPY operation
- OPEX of US $3,667 /tonne of lithium carbonate average after production ramp-up
- Processing facilities design based on proven solar evaporation technology and conventional lithium brine processing, leveraging JV partner Orocobre’s project development experience
- Mine life of 25 years including a 3-year ramp up for 20,000 TPY production scenario based on conversion factors applied to 3Mt resource published in May 2018
- Cauchari resource conversion to Measured and Indicated well underway with DFS to commence in Aug 2018 with completion in early Q2 2019, both fully funded by the AAL/Orocobre Joint Venture.
- The resource is open to the south and at depth, with potential to add significant tonnage with additional exploration, including in the deep sand unit
- Engaged Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC to evaluate strategic partnerships and financing alternatives to fund its portion of the development capital