Advantage Lithium Corp. provided update on the brine sampling results from diamond core hole CAU22 in the SE Sector of the Cauchari JV property located in Jujuy Province.
- Systematic brine sampling completed in CAU22 averaged 549 mg/l lithium and 3,630 mg/l potassium from 146.5-290.5 m depth, with samples not yet received below this depth. The brine shows a similar grade and very low average Mg/Li ratio of 2.4:1, similar to that demonstrated during pumping of CAU11 – excellent for conventional brine processing.
- These results from CAU22, together with recently acquired TEM electrical geophysics in this area, confirm the extension of brine mineralization in the SE sector to the fault forming the eastern boundary of the Cauchari basin.
- The Phase III infill drilling is the resource conversion program that aims to convert Inferred to Measured and Indicated resources by early 2019, with drilling on track for this timing.
- Drilling of holes CAU25 and CAU26 will further define the eastern extent of the SE sector, with the aim of adding to the existing resource there.
- Drilling encountered interbedded units of clay, halite and sand in this area, a combination of lithologies which are known to be productive in other parts of the Cauchari-Olaroz basin.
- Pumping test equipment has been installed for the 30-day pump tests in CAU11 and CAU07, with pumping underway in CAU11.
President & CEO Mr. David Sidoo commented: “Continuing excellent results from CAU22 highlight again our Resource Development Teams’ understanding of the Cauchari basin and the likelihood we can grow our resource base to support our DFS and reserve estimate. The Phase III systematic drilling and sampling program has confirmed the extension of mineralized brine below the 300 m depth of the existing resource in the east of the SE Sector, with geophysics suggesting the brine mineralization extends further east than in the current resource. The Mg/Li continues to be low in this area, with positive brine chemistry. With 4 drilling rigs operating we are on schedule with the resource conversion program that aims to upgrade the resource to Measured and Indicated status. Additionally, we are beginning extended pumping tests in test wells CAU07 and CAU11 which will give us important hydraulic characteristics to complete the dynamic model for reserves.“
Advantage Lithium Corp. has acquired a 100% interest in three brine projects and a 75% interest in its fourth and flagship asset, Cauchari with partner Orocobre (25%) with Advantage Lithium as the operator.